Girl Planting seeds

An e-cigarette shattered a teen's jaw—here's how they can turn explosive

In March of 2018, a 17-year-old Nevada teen showed up at Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City in the middle of the night with injuries unlike anything the emergency room doctors had ever seen. He had burned lips, a gaping cut in the floor of his mouth, and a shattered jaw causing radiating pain. Several lower front teeth were also gone and a two-centimeter chunk of his jawbone beneath them was missing. According to his mother, the teen and his brother were home in a separate room when she suddenly heard a loud pop. What she thought was a breaker, was actually the sound of her son’s vape pen exploding in his mouth.  Read more....

 

Back

 
 
close (X)