Girl Planting seeds

Button batteries for toys can KILL children if they're swallowed so must be kept hidden away, NHS chief warns

Button batteries for toys can kill children if they are swallowed and must be kept hidden away, an NHS chief has warned.  Professor Stephen Powis, NHS England medical director, urged parents to be vigilant this Christmas, when there will inevitably be more batteries around. They are found in festive lights, musical Christmas cards and flashing jumpers as well as toys and remote controls.  Also known as 'coin batteries', they can burn a hole through the throat and lead to catastrophic internal bleeding and death in as little as two hours. Read more.....

 

Back

 
 
close (X)