Girl Planting seeds

Using bleach to clean your home could create toxic airborne pollutants

Cleaning your home with bleach could put you at risk of an array of health problems, a study suggests.  Scientists discovered fumes from bleach cleaning products reacted with chemicals given off by air fresheners.  And when exposed to light - either sunlight or from lamps - they can mix together to form toxic airborne particles, known as secondary organic aerosols (SOAs).  These particles irritate the eyes, nose and throat, and can cause headaches, nausea, as well as damage to the lungs.  Scientists have now warned the SOAs can easily build-up in high levels in poorly ventilated homes and buildings.  Read more....

 

Back

 
 
close (X)